Effective: July 1, 2021
3. Information collection and use
We collect information that could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”) and other information listed below (collectively “User Data”).
4. What Information does 01Booster collect about me?
- 4.1 Personal Data you provide for signup for Program
When you sign up for Program online or onsite, or use our Services (including requesting for information and submitting inquiries through our websites), you voluntarily give us specific Personal Data, including your name, email, telephone number, postal code, address, birthdate, academic profiles, business profiles, pictures and password you choose for Services.
- 4.2 Personal Data you provide when you receive Services
We collect Personal Data from you regarding you and your business, including identification information for the purposes of compliance with anti-money laundering and/or anti-social organization regulations and other information as required to fulfil our obligations to you and third parties.
- 4.3 Personal Data you provided through Program
Through application to each Program, online or onsite, including but not limited to mentoring, pitches, and other presentations, orally or in writing, you voluntarily give us specific Personal Data regarding you and your business. Said information also might be subject to protection as intellectual property in accordance with the Terms of Program.
4.4 Data collected through Services
We collect this information as you use Services, including:
- 4.4.2 Logs and Analysis - We log data about your use of the Service and your response to any communications through Program and/or with the Services.
- 4.4.3 Information about how you use the Services - We track some behaviours related to how you use and interact with Services, including your access history, your IP address and location, the URL you enter or exit the Service.
- 4.5 Information submitted by other users of the ServiceOther users of Services may provide information about you and your business through Program or on Services. For example, a mentor we assign or you choose may score your business and write notes about you.
- 4.6 Information we get from Partner
We get information about you from Partner if applicable. For example, Partner may evaluate and conduct due diligence of you and your business through Program and store these results on Services. Please acknowledge and recognize that such Partners collect certain information independently (not jointly with 01Booster). You need to review Partner’s own policies if you sign up for Program, which is operated jointly with Partner.
5. How does 01Booster use my Information?
We use, process and stores User Data as necessary to perform our contract with you and for our legitimate business purposes and interests, delivering Services to you, or based on your consent or to comply with laws and regulations, including:
- 5.1 To provide, improve and personalize Services
We use Personal Data to provide you with Services. This includes the sign-in process, operating Services, responding to your participation in events in Program, and use of Services, maintaining and improving Services in line with your requests and providing support to you.
- 5.2 To communicate with you
We use User Data for signup to interact with you directly. We may let you know about upcoming changes or improvements to Services and respond to your requests for assistance.
- 5.3 To share your business with other Users
Through Program, we may share information regarding you and your business with other Users, including mentors and Partners, for their review of your business. Such sharing also includes generating researches and reports for publications and/or reporting to Partner.
- 5.4 To improve safety and security of Services
We use information about you to identify suspicious activity, investigate potential violations of the Policies and verify user accounts.
- 5.5 Distribute marketing information (if applicable)
We send you direct marketing emails and special offers about 01Booster and other 01Booster’s Services, including invitations of other Program you do not sign up yet, from which you can unsubscribe at any time. If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), 01Booster will only send you marketing information if you consent to us doing so when you create your account or at any point thereafter.
- 5.6 Mandatory screening
We process your information for anti-money laundering and anti-social organization regulations.
6. Information access and disclosure
- 6.1 Does 01Booster share my Information?
- 6.1.1 Explicit Consent
We will obtain your explicit consent to share your Personal Data with the third party unless 01Booster needs to use service providers to get assistance for business operations, including hosting, delivering, and improving Services. These service providers may only access, process, or store Personal Data under 01Booster’s instructions and may not use Personal Data for any other purposes.
- 6.1.2 Sharing with mentors
We share your Personal Data with your mentors for the purposes of mentoring, including assigning mentors to you. Please recognize and acknowledge that mentors are independent contractors, and any Personal you voluntarily share with mentors shall not be construed we share such information with mentors.
- 6.1.3 Sharing with Partner
Suppose you sign up for Program jointly operated with Partner. In that case, we share your Personal Data with said Partner on your behalf under the Terms of Program you sign up.
- 6.1.1 Explicit Consent
7. Will 01Booster send me messages?
We may contact you with direct marketing messages such as announcements, updates, and special offers of Services. You may opt-out of such messages at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within 01Booster’s messages and changing your contact preferences. You will continue to receive transactional notifications related to Services, even if you unsubscribe from marketing messages.
- 7.1 For EEA users: We only send marketing messages to users located in the EEA with your prior consent. Please see the section “For EEA users” below.
8. Does 01Booster collect information from children?
To the extent prohibited by applicable laws and regulations, 01Booster does not allow the use of Services by anyone younger than 16 years old. If 01Booster acknowledges anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided 01Booster with Personal Data, 01Booster will take steps to delete such Personal Data.
9. EU Japan Adequacy Decision
01Booster complies with the Supplementary Rules under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information for the Handling of Personal Data Transferred from the EU based on an Adequacy Decision, which is the European Commission’s decision that Japan ensures an adequate level of protection of personal data under Article 45 of the General Data Protection Regulations of the European Union (“GDPR”).
10. For EEA users
We use process and store User Data as necessary to perform contractual obligations between 01Booster and you and based on 01Booster’s legitimate interests to provide Services. We rely on your consent to process Personal Data to send marketing emails.
11. What rights do I have, and how can I exercise them?
Individuals located in EEA have certain statutory rights concerning their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to User Data, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information by contacting and asking us to do so.
To the extent that our processing of your Personal Data is subject to the GDPR, We rely on its legitimate interests to process your User Data. We may process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, and you have a right to object to said use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time.
12. Information related to the use of Google Analytics
13. Contact us
You may contact 01Booster with any questions relating to this Policy by submitting a help desk request via Contact Form or by postal mail at:
Daini-Watanabe Bldg., 1-7-3, Higashi-Azabu, Minato-ku
Tokyo, 106-0044, Japan